You can enroll in Medicare health and drug plans from October 15 – December 7. Get ready for Medicare’s Open Enrollment with these 5 tips:
1. Check your mail. You may get important notices from Medicare or Social Security. If you’re in a Medicare plan, you’ll get an Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC) telling you of any changes in coverage, costs, or service area. Note any 2022 changes to your health coverage or any Extra Help you may get to pay for prescription drugs.
You may also get brochures and other marketing materials from insurance companies that offer Medicare health and prescription drug plans. Remember — plans aren’t allowed to call or come to your home without an invitation from you.
2. Think about your Medicare coverage needs for 2022. Carefully review your current Medicare coverage, and note any upcoming changes to your costs or benefits. Decide if your current Medicare coverage will meet your needs for the year ahead. If you like your current coverage, and it’s still available for 2022, you don’t need to take any action to keep it.
3. Review your 2022 “Medicare & You” handbook. It has information about Medicare coverage and Medicare plans in your area. If you want to get your handbook electronically, you can go paperless by logging into your secure Medicare account.
4. Preview 2022 health and prescription drug plans. We make it easy to compare coverage options and shop for health plans. For a personalized search, login or create an account (if you have a Medicare Number) to create or access a list of your drugs, compare your current Medicare plan to others, and see prices based on any help you get with drug costs.
5. Let us help. You may be able to find free information and events online, or make an appointment to let us help you find the plan that is right for you.
Visit Medicare.gov to sign up to get important news & updates by email from Medicare.
Copyright © 2018 Grapevine Drug - All Rights Reserved.
Do you know a great Pharmacy Technician looking for a job, or looking to change jobs? Are they great with people? Organized, and eager to learn new things? Then let us know.